Saturday, October 14, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 10/14/2023

Hit the dawn patrol this morning.  Special guests Lys and Matthew Maceda!!!!

No wind, dropping tide and a ridable swell in the water.


Since Lys and Matthew were on longboards, I opted not to setup the Foil Drive, and instead brought the Sweet Potato.  I was also curious about the Mayhem Evil Twins on this board.

Initially I had it setup with the trailer in place.  The rides were fun, but I was finding I wasn't able to push it hard through the turns.  Halfway through the session I paddled in, took off my vest and the trailer fin and headed back out.

Without the trailer. this setup was super fun!!!  The Evil Twins have a hair less "pop" than the Mackie Keels, but they can be overpushed through a topturn into a roundhouse.

Give and take - 


I think this set of fins will reside on the Boogie Fish, and the other keels will rotate on the Sweet Potatoes.

I had three outstanding rights this morning - this recent run of shortboarding sessions has been awesome!

W:103/F:94/S:46

No comments: