Sunday, October 1, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 10/1/2023

Another dawn patrol with the Foil Drive.

Wind was lighter today (at least at the beginning of the session).  The tide was high (which made paddling out and coming back in easier).  And the waves were slightly bigger at overhead (while I was up on foil) on the sets.


Today I rode the same setup from yesterday, but I removed the -0.5 degree shim and rode the P375 rear stabilizer as is.  I could control the foil better today as the squirreliness was greatly reduced.  I didn't feel any extra drag, but I did feel like I was having to put more back foot pressure.

I did get multiple recycled waves - the Spitfire 960 pumps super easy.

There is actually no single negative to this setup.

I had the mast pushed all the way to the front of the boxes - I'm thinking if I had another centimeter forward, I would be able to get rid of the back foot pressure... that may be an argument to get a regular advance crazy short fuselage (only 40mm shift from standard) then I can drop the mast back a cm from the current position.

The wind did eventually pick up (in fact Kalani waited for it instead of going out SUP Foil Drive) - so I called it and headed back home to get ready to head into town.

W:101/F:92/S:36

No comments: