Saturday, October 21, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 10/21/2023

Dawn patrolled this morning with the Foil Drive.  Used the HPS980/400P setup - 

The swell that we have been riding these past several days looks like it has finally fizzled out.  It was good at first light, but then started to back down through the morning.


It was also pretty chilly at dawn.  I used my long sleeve pull over - was good at the onset, but by the end of the session I was definitely warm.  The cheater vest may be good enough for now.

I came in with the battery at 50% - so I could have been out for over 3 hours - but as the tide came up, the backwash from whatever waves were breaking made it pretty tough to ride.


Pretty common pattern for Foil Drive foiling.


From this count, it looks like 23 waves for the session.  You can definitely see the long lull past the halfway point.


W:103/F:96/S:50

No comments: