Sunday, October 8, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 10/8/2023

Noe has a flute performance today so I knew I didn't have time to Foil Drive.  And the time was low so I didn't want to prone foil.  Along those lines, I have actually been having lots of fun getting back into surfing with really short boards - so I'm not looking at this as a compromise - it is what I've been looking forward to doing.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, your learning eventually slows down.  I feel like that is where I am with foiling - so moving to super short boards is definitely a way to freshen things up.


I took the H2 Sweet Potato out again and kept the Mackie keels on.  I caught a handful of waves in the short window I had - and they were so much fun.  Using the fins to derive more speed out of wave, and then converting that speed into torque as I crank a hard turn - this simple act is so addictive.


When I first got to the beach, the waves were stacked up and it was really consistent.  After an hour, the waves started to back off - but I had already caught a handful of super fun waves and I called it a session.


Now I can go about my day (because my stoke meter is pegged to full)!

W:102/F:93/S:41

No comments: