Friday, October 20, 2023

Garage Works - 10/20/2023

I got the urge to start No.33.  This one is going to be a slightly longer and narrower prone Foil Drive board.

First I had to break down the 4'x8' EPS panel.


This foam looks to be nice and strong!  We will soon see.


I transferred the template onto the blank.


This template actually is a variation of the one I've been using on most of the pointy nosed, fast moving boards I've built (wing boards).  I like the wider stern because it adds planning surface, which in turn gets the foil engaged sooner (which gets the system off the water surface faster - which in the big picture is the main goal).  Tied to this is the straight rails - also goes through the water faster.


This picture above is the new board next to its predecessor.  I am going to move the boxes up 2" and also add a handle in the bottom deck (just to make carrying the system easier).  This could also double as another wingboard (just like No.32 - which is a wingboard, could double as a Foil Drive prone board).

Since I'm going to try and keep volume on this one, the shaping should go pretty fast.  I'll try and have this board done before Thanksgiving (which should be possible if the wind stays light...).

No comments: