Monday, October 9, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 10/9/2023

After running errands, I got a chance to get a winging session in this afternoon (yup - a full fledged double dip!!!)

It was white capping when I pulled up to the parking lot - and it stayed that way while I was launching.

The tide was on the higher side, but it was going to drop through the afternoon.

There were waves, but they were small.  Every now and then, there was a good set that came through - but it was lully. 


I setup No.32, the F One SK8 950/C200 stab/85cm Project Cedrus mast.

I had to hand pump the SW2 5.2 wing today  (electric pump battery died).


Really good stats!


The SK8 is really smooth.  I can maneuver in the pocket easily - similar to the Spitfire, but smoother (the Spitfire seems to crank through a turn easier than the SK8 - but the ride is more raw/visceral).

I need to work on completing them, but the tacks I pulled offshore were super tight.


I had plenty of wind all throughout the session.

I felt like I was riding more efficiently on the SK8 than I had been previously.  I also did just get a C195 rear stabilizer in the mail (I'll try that out next time).


Again - nice statistics.


Roland did show up (after I had been out for an hour and 20 minutes already).  And as I was headed in, Derek was on his way out.

I had a great session today - and it might be the last for several days...

W:103/F:93/S:42

No comments: