Monday, October 9, 2023

Garage Works - 10/9/2023

Dewaxed took off the deck pad on this 5'1" fish


I personally prefer not to get straight polyester and polyurethane boards - primarily because the heel dents and pressure dings that seem to easily emerge on this construction.  But for $250 - I'll pull this into the latest round of experimentation.

You can see the pressures on this picture of the top deck.


The bottom deck is nearly in flawless condition.


The Octopus deckpad came off, but some residue didn't come up.


This was the biggest heel dent.  I am nitpicking here - in general, this board is in great condition (again - at $250!!!!).


This is the point where I stopped cleaning and turned to outfitting.


I put on a Retro Fish deckpad - it actually provides really good coverage.


And I waxed the deck - two coats of tropical/base coat and two coats of warm water wax.

I'll keep the weights on the deck pad for a few hours to get a good foundation on the adhesive.


I'm going to start out with the Hess Noriega keels on this one.

At 5'1", I do have some concern and being able to get this situated, but it is 34+ liters (so the same as the Cymatic).  More fun experimenting!

No comments: