Saturday, October 21, 2023

Garage Works - 10/21/2023 (late)

Got in a second garage works session in the evening.

Marlon was sanding, sanding, sanding, with more sanding.


I cut out the carbon overlay panels for Prayot's Wing Board repair.


And I epoxied in the tracks.  I placed several layers of carbon on the bottom of the slots to make sure there is no deformation of the d-cell blocks.  I placed clear epoxy in the bottom the slots to saturate the carbon.  Then I placed the tracks in and filled the remaining voids with epoxied mixed with milled fibers and thiksil.


Nice and clean.  Tomorrow I'll get the carbon overlays placed (and maybe even apply the fill coat).


And I got glass and epoxy on the rear cluster of dings.


This cluster can be sanded and will not likely need another fill.

The big ding will get sanded and I'll place glass over it (tomorrow).

No comments: