Friday, October 13, 2023

Evening Session - 10/13/2023

After work I got in a second session - this time prone foiling on the high tide.

The waves were a little smaller than this morning, but that was really attributed to the higher tide.

There was barely wind - but enough to put texture on the water.


Marlon came with and he foiled!!!  He was definitely showing he is more comfortable now.  I saw him get up on the board a lot, but the foil wasn't lifting as much as it should have been.  He did actually get up on foil several times - and after the session he said next time he'll move the mast more forward.

I brought out the setup I have been taking out on the days I do prone foil - Unifoil Progreesion 170/flex rear stabilizer/shorter Project Cedrus mast and No.21.

As much as I have been shortboard surfing lately, it showed on my prone foiling - I struggled for about half the session (but that always happens if I've changed gear).  Eventually it clicked again and I was getting my foil feet back under me.


Roland, Prayot, Duke and Marlon were the other foilers out.  The longboarders were being a little greedy/pissy today - and the newb crowd was thick on the inside - both making the conditions challenging.  But with patience - good waves were had.

Especially by Roland -


I got a few double dips and did pump back out to the lineup - so I guess you can say I shook off the rust pretty quick.


I'm still debating what to do on tomorrow's dawn patrol....

W:103/F:94/S:45

No comments: