Saturday, October 17, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 10/17/2020

I did a solo dawn patrol this morning.  I primarily went so I could return Kalani's FFB to him.  He gave me a case of beer and some cash and I gave him a board with a substantially stronger foil box setup.  He's a strong dude, so hopefully the repair lasts...  


Anyways - I brought out the same setup from the past few sessions - the wide 4'10" + HS1850 +232 rear stab.  Did not disappoint (but it did take 3 waves to get my footing... weird since I haven't changed boards/foils).  I caught a bunch and watched Kalani catch even more (and really put the board through its paces - including busting a big air).  I ended up staying out over three hours - mostly because I wanted to catch a long wave, but the waves weren't breaking on the outside because of the higher tide (and the ones I did catch I botched the takeoffs....).


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eczhvRdtJ34

Cut and paste the above URL and in the middle of the video, you'll see my last wave of the day (courtesy of Foil Fever) - lots of gliding and a sweet cutback!


No comments: