Sunday, October 4, 2020

Garage Works and Winging - 10/4/2020

I was on fire today - got a lot done.  Started by hitting the barber shop so Marlon and I could get cleaned up.  Then picked up some groceries so I can make dinners later this week.  Came home and made mushroom-onion-spinach omelets.  Keeping an eye on the wind it looked like the trades were filling in again.  I shifted to teaching La and Noe how to tow (but the ball on the hitch was too big so no Laser sailing for Noe today...).  I wet sanded the GL210, GL180 and the 12" Go Foil Pedestal rear stabilizer through 320-500-1000-1500.  After all that, I loaded up the truck with the wingfoiling board, the tall Go Foil mast with Dennis's GL240, and the Duotone Echo 6m.  I dropped La off at RBM so she could go sailing with her friends and I made it to Hickam Harbor by 1:30pm.  The wind was blowing from the ENE but it was light.  Arvin was there and he was setting up for a paddle.  I figured I needed to test the GL240 so I headed out. 


I was able to get up earlier with the bigger wing - not a surprise - but I did sense I was going slower than I would with the GL210.  The died back for about 5 minutes and when I came back up, it had shifted to the NNE-NE.  I was able to get back up on foil and made some more runs, but then the wind died again.  I actually started to paddle in but then it picked back up more from the NNE.  I got in a few more runs and worked my way back up wind and made it back to the launching point.  I got in 4.91nm and got to 12.8kts.  I couldn't stick a turn today - might be because I was on a new (and bigger) front wing (same as previous wing swaps).  The day didn't end here - I got home and mowed the lawn, and then I routed out the fin block area on the board I got asked to fix (next post)

No comments: