Monday, October 19, 2020

Batch No. 2 All Pau

 I finished the fine sanding, tuning, labeling and sealing yesterday on all six variants in Batch No. 2


I also made a second trip out to WPB to test out #9 (widest of the Crepe Spatula models).  I bolted it on to the skinny 4'10" with the GL180.  The onshore wind was worse than during the dawn patrol session.


I was only out for 45 minutes.  My first three waves were recalibration waves, but after those I got my footing back for riding the different setup.  I could feel the give that the G10 has compared to all the carbon fiber tails I've been using.  #9 did seem a little stiffer than #2, but that was also between the GL180 and the GL140.  Both were more maneuverable than any of the stock pedestal tails I've used before.  More testing is needed before I can say this with certainty - but I can feel the difference now (surfing for 30 years on multiple fins made of different materials, you can tell).

No comments: