Thursday, October 1, 2020

Rear Stabilizers

I've been working on setting this up for a while now - just needed some time.  And now with the surf flattening out, I'll have some.  I picked up a sheet of G10 and sliced it up into strips.  Each strip will yield three stabs.




Considering I've been changing the stabilizers out more than the front wings, this was almost inevitable. 



The first batch will be a 16", 15" and 14".  A diamond coated jigsaw blade works well to make the rough cuts.  I bought this sanding grit block to get the outline faired in.


Next steps will be using the belt sander to get the foil across the chord and from wing tip to wing tip.  Ever since Go Foil released the pedestal tail, I've seen lots of groups releasing 3rd party tails - I can't wait to try out my own!

No comments: