Saturday, October 24, 2020

Evening Session - 10/23/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB after I got back from work.  I didn't trust the forecast regarding the wave height - so I put the GL180 back on the skinny 4'10".  This is the GL140 still on the board.  I kept the No.5 rear stabilizer on to limit the variables (this of course is still R&D).

It was the right call as the waves were on the small side.  There was also a land breeze so there was some chop.  And the tide was pretty low at 0.6' (I was constantly paddling the foil upside down to make sure I didn't hit bottom).  Marlon was catching several - with a few really long ones.

My runs were on the shorter side - 300'+ and I was just over 10mph.  I felt that the 15" rear stab wasn't working in my favor for the conditions (duh).  Still - a great way to start the weekend!

No comments: