Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Evening Session - 10/28/2020

I checked the forecast while I was at work and it said the waves were chest high.  I bolted home, picked up Marlon and headed out to WPB.

It was NOT chest high.  More like chest LIE!   Belly high on the rare sets - mostly waist.  It was relatively calm wind wise, and the tide was high.  Lucky I brought the skinny 4'10" with the GL180 and No.9 - same setup as last time.

I looked over several times and got to see Marlon riding plenty of waves.  I caught some really good ones - one I got I was just doing turns back and forth.  On another I rode the wave backside for a long while, pumped off the back, did a huge circle, picked up another wave and almost repeated (but my right quadricep started to burn so I pulled off).  No.9 seems to be a winner!!!
Since the waves were smaller and less consistent, the takeoff lanes were crowded.  And there were a bunch of wave hogs - so unfortunately I left feeling less stoked and more upset.  I hate it when I get like that.  There were also a bunch of teens who were riding without leashes... pretty selfish and it'll be unfortunate if someone gets hurt.  Ughhhhh - going to the beach is supposed to make me feel better.

No comments: