Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Evening Session - 10/19/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB in the early evening yesterday. It was raining and the wind was down - but it was still choppy from all the south winds from earlier in the day.  The rain clouds also took away all the light contrast between standing wave faces and the flats - super hard conditions to surf in.  We went anyways - I really wanted to try out another rear stabilizer.  

No. 5 was the test subject for the day.  I had the skinny 4'10" and the GL180 to round out the rest of the setup.  Without conducting a back to back, this 15" swept shoulder form made for smoother turning compared to No.9 - that said, I should switch to the 15" fuller shouldered "crepe spatula" tail next.  I did breach a few times - but I'm attributing that to the chop more than the surface area of this stabilizer.

I didn't even see Marlon - he was surfing in the pack, while I was further over in front of the cedar cabins (less people).  

No comments: