Saturday, October 10, 2020

Other Projects

In between work, errands and foiling I've been moving some projects forward.  This is a board that belongs to one of the foilers at WPB - he said his boxes had cracked (actually twice - the second time was after the first repair).  I said I could fix it and now its in the garage.

I will get the boxes set tomorrow morning and the cap sheet on shortly after.  I'll grind and fill, then fair in and sand (60-130-180-220-320) on Monday.  Then the board just needs a few days to fully cure.

The other thing I've been doing is fairing/leveling the first batch of tail wings i finished.  I picked up an aluminum oxide grinding bit and just used it by hand to work out some high points.  After that it was all good.

I've also been working on some molds for some add ons to the shorter rear stabilizers.  The first batch had some air bubbles.  Noe suggested using a toothpick to get rid of the air bubbles.
The last garage works thing going on is batch two of the rear stabilizers.  I'll cut these out and grind them down tomorrow.

I also swapped out the hitch ball from a 2" down the next size so we can tow Noe's boat.  I didn't take pictures of that since taking the 2" off was pretty tough. More tomorrow...

No comments: