Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Evening Session - 10/7/2020

Marlon pulled a dawn patrol and had some other things to do this evening, so I hit WPB on a solo mission.  From the sound of it, he had it bigger than I did - 2' overhead.  I had some head high waves so there was still plenty of energy out there.

I brought out the same setup as yesterday and I got the same results - absolutely mind blowing perfection!

I caught 7 really long waves - from the way outside all the way in.  Then I had to paddle all the way back out - multiple times (great exercise).  According to my watch, I got a 722' long wave (and three others over 500') - shattering my previous single wave distance record.  And I got to over 13mph on all the waves - maxing out at 13.8 (if you believe my watch).  It is hard to describe the feeling of flying along a wave face, making tight radius turns and freely flowing between sections - so much fun!

No comments: