Saturday, October 24, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 10/24/2020

Went on a solo dawn patrol this morning.  Waves were a hair bigger than yesterday - call it waist high.  Wind was mostly down bit still a southerly flow.  Tide was a flood - probably 1.0' while I was out from 7 to 8:30.

I brought out the same setup as yesterday, but put No.9 back on.  With the extra surface area, I was gliding more and only strategically pumping.  Turns were good, but I wasn't pulling them all the way through (cutback style).  Not sure if it was the rear stabilizer shoulders, width, the rider, or the conditions - need to conduct more testing.  I caught several and most were all the way to the beach.  A lot of wall area on the wave faces so I was adequately powered up this morning.  I'll use this again tomorrow morning.

No comments: