Sunday, December 26, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 12/26/2021

Dawn Patrolled again this morning - chilly for Hawaii...

Waves were breaking a little better - tide was a little lower than yesterday and there was supposed ot be a swell showing up.


I brought the same setup as yesterday - 4'8" prone foil board, 75cm (79cm) Project Cedrus mast with the Kujira 1210 and one of my bottom mount rear stabilizers.


I stayed out for an hour and caught five decent waves today - shaking off some of the rust from not prone foiling for so long.  A couple of the waves were double dips.


I don't believe the top speed on the watch - probably was while I was getting thrown by one of the waves I failed to catch.  I did notice that paddling out, my rig seemed to have a hair more drag on it.  Not sure if it is the fact that the mast I am currently using (because I'm modifying the Takuma aluminum masts) is longer, or if it is because it is thicker.  Going to have to do some more experimenting to find out what the answer is.


Good session!!!

No comments: