Thursday, December 16, 2021

Garage Works - 12/16/2021

I actually worked on Marvin's board yesterday - got the board sanded, then prepared the carbon for laminating.  I was going to get it epoxied on, but decided to wait until today.  I wanted to use peelply to keep the edges of the laminate flattened.  This is curing in the garage - I'll pull the peelply tomorrow (and I'll fair in the edges, apply a fill coat and let that cure as well) - I want to get this board back to Marvin by Sunday.





I also had enough daylight to sand off the cracked parts of Arvin's board in preparation for the repair.  The laminate on this board was interesting - fiberglass over wood over fiberglass over really soft foam.



I didn't take pictures, but I got the fill placed this evening to take up the gap space.  Tomorrow I'll sand to remove the excess fill, then laminate glass and carbon.  I'll have to fair all that in, then paint and resand to try and get close to the original finish.  I want to get this back to Arvin on Sunday as well (I want to work on my boards now - but there is a lot of wind headed our way this coming week....). 

No comments: