Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/28/2021

 The wind had been blowing all day on Tuesday - I did bring my gear and took a break from work around 1:30pm.  I setup the OR A 5.0, the GL210 with the 16.25" rear stabilizer.  I had a two part session.  The first half the wind was decent, but I stayed on the inside because Brantly was there and I wanted to catch her when she went in to get her a bottle of whiskey (for letting me use her wing to chase down my wing when it got off leash a couple of weeks back).  I didn't trust that the wind would stay strong, so I purposely brought the GL210 (one of my bigger foils now).  The second half, I had brought the GoPro out and even went out to Firsts (since it looked like Harris was having a blast out there.  Well - the clouds got thicker and the wind started to flake out.  I rode two really fun waves then started heading back in.  Looking at the pictures I took with the GoPro, you can see the wind was on the lighter side - almost no texture on the water...



All that blue on the track - pure misery trying to limp back to the launch.  Every now and then a gust would blow through and I would get up on foil.  At one point after being frustrated, I noticed the leading edge seemed soft - in fact it was and that was one reason I was having a hard time getting up on foil.


You can see I was out in sub 15mph winds - 


I eventually made it back in - uuugggghhhhhh!!!!!


If I came in after the first half, I could have called this a great way to close off this year of wing foiling.

No comments: