Friday, December 17, 2021

Garage Works - 12/17/2021

I'm trying my best to get these board repairs finished before Sunday (when the wind starts to come up again - and I tend to just ride and not repair).

These pictures were from this morning - the first two are of Arvin's board with the fill epoxy in place.



This evening I sanded the fill down so I can laminate some patches on tomorrow morning.

On Marvin's board, I pulled the peelply and I couldn't have asked for better results!  I sanded the transition around the perimeter of the board, and also grinded out the footstrap inserts out from underneath the carbon cap sheet.


This board is also ready for a final fill coat.  I'll try and get these epoxied in the morning so I can finish them in the evening tomorrow.

I need to route out the old track boxes that cracked on the NWFB, and also get the 4'8" wing board boxes setup (get the reinforcement blocks in, the boxes in, and the bottom deck laminated)... it is definitely cheaper to make a great board yourself instead of buying a mediocre board from the name brands - but man does it take time to do things right... 

No comments: