Sunday, December 26, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/25/2021

And to top Christmas off, La and the kids came with me to Hickam while I was getting in an afternoon winging session.  Light winds (steady state had <15mph, with gusts touching 20) made for challenging conditions.


I pumped up the OR A 5.0 and bolted on a foil I haven't used in a long time - the Go Foil GL210.  I did schlog still, but this foil gets up quick so when the gusts hit you can get going.

Surprisingly it also has a decent top end.  The speed chart below showed a max speed of 18.3mph.


You can tell the wind was pretty much from the NE.  Transitions were super easy on this big foil.


The conditions were definitely representative of the low end of this equipment.  If I want to go out consistently in less than 15mph, I think the OR A 6.0 will be needed (hmmm).

Again - surprising speed from the GL210.


Fun day at the beach!!!  Merry Christmas to every one!



No comments: