Thursday, December 9, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/9/2021

Hit Hickam after work again - wind was better than yesterday, but still on the light side.  Same exact setup as yesterday.  


I made a beeline out to Firsts - there were chest high waves coming through - remnants of the storm earlier this week (I'll take it!!!  Waves coming from the South in December!!!).  I made one really long tack out to get into a solid wind field.  I tacked back and rode a wave all the way in to the second red channel marker.  I caught a few more - a couple of which I even got to ride regular footed with the wing flagging.  But I did botch two really good top turns (jibes onto a wave with an immediate drop into the pit) - pretty much the PNL185 not keeping up with the faster top turns like I had been executing with the NL160. 


There was a lot of wildlife out today - the big monk seal was swimming in the line up - had to continuously do double takes to make sure it wasn't the other long, dark colored friend...

There were also a pair of rather large turtles constantly popping up in the outbound line.  Kept things interesting.


Just like yesterday, you can correlate the wind graph with the speed chart - this is really cool!



Tomorrow the winds are supposed to be a hair stronger again, and it is forecasted to build up from there into mid next week!!!!

No comments: