Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/8/2021

The trades started to fill back in today - light, but still wingable... mostly.


OR A 5.0, Go Foil PNL185, WWFB.  The wind was just on the cusp of being totally wingable.


The wind was more northerly than the graph indicates.  I had some long stretches where the lulls kept me schlogging.  When I finally did get up on foil, I did stay up for a while - and the waves were actually good sized - head high on the sets.  Although the wind was blowing almost straight into the waves - so they were hard to ride.  I did get some really fun ones.

I did get caught outside on a long lull.  I saw the wind outside so I kept schlogging out - but the wind kept luring me out... I was way outside before I got into the wind field and up on foil.  I carefully tacked and headed back in - picking up a pretty big wave and milking that energy to get through the dead wind zone.

I got back to the inside and spent the time trying to pull as hard as I could to get to the upper part of the inside (where the wind was more consistent). That was bait and I got stuck outside again.  Oh well - 


You can totally see the correlation of the wind graph above with my speed chart below (this is so cool!!!).  


The wind is supposed to be building from now until the first half of next week - it will be good to have wind again!  I think I'm going to try the Axis ART999 again tomorrow.

No comments: