Saturday, December 4, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/3/2021

Rare North winds yesterday afternoon.  And they were forecasted to be gusty.  I could have prone foiled, but I couldn't resist the temptation of the wing.  I opted to split the difference between the 5.0 and the 3.6 - Ensis 4.5 was the call.  At times I was overpowered, others underpowered.  When the gusts hit, I had to move the wing to horizontal before getting into it - staying square (more vertical) meant getting blown off the board.




Roland was out already by the time Marlon and I got to the beach.  He had his Ensis Score 4.0 pumped up.



With the North wind, the coast run was pretty easy - until you reached the spots where the wind was shadowed.  I came short of Hau Bush.  I could have made it, but there wasn't much sunlight left so I just focused on keeping closer to shore (to prevent the swim back at the end of the session).



From the wind graph, you could call it 12 to 30.  There were some holes, but it wasn't too bad - certainly not like a few of the more recent sessions.


There is a passing front - that's why we had the North winds.  But over the next few days the winds will shift and push straight from the South - that will be interesting.... 

Big thanks to Marlon for the drone pictures the past couple of sessions!!!  I told him I'll train up and return the favor.

No comments: