Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/12/2021

 Full on breezy today!!!  Knowing the pattern from yesterday, I opted to wait a little bit before heading out today - and it paid off.  I was at the parking lot at Hickam by 1:30 and it was blowing strong.  Same setup as the past few days - but this time I tightened the fuselage-mast bolts a hair more than in the past (wanted to make sure it wouldn't loosen).


Interesting fact - the winds were definitely stronger at the front end of the session which made foiling that much easier.  But at the end of the session, as the wind was dropping, as long as I didn't drop off foil, I did not have a problem moving.  If I was losing power from the wing, I would pump the foil and I could cut right through the lulls and dead air zones.  I haven't been able to do that with any other front foil as efficiently as I have been able to with the ART 999.


Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my watch so I don't have track/speed data - but this was a great wing foiling session! 


I also picked up Arvin's board - he cracked a rail (he thinks with the Armstrong carbon mini boom), so I've got another repair job.  This is motivation to get Marvin's board repair done (so I have room for this repair).


No comments: