Saturday, December 4, 2021

Garage Works - 12/4/2021

I wasn't feeling well this morning - bad headache (might have been from the water issue at Pearl Harbor...).  I opted out of the dawn patrol (and from the internet postings I don't think I missed much) and rested a bit.  When I did get up, I went ahead and got the footstrap inserts installed on the 4'8" Wing Foiling board and also on Marvin's board.


Marvin's board work was a little more complicated than my new build install.  Had to fill the void left when I pulled out the old inserts - this had been done to reverse the footstrap alignment from goofy foot to regular.



I still had some time after doing some chores, so I leveled out the splicing blocks on Marvin's board and got the slots for the footstrap inserts marked.  Tomorrow I'll route out the slots, grind off the tabs on the footstrap inserts, then epoxy them in.  I also sanded the entire top deck to prepare it for some innegra patches and a cap sheet of carbon.



And I got the slots drawn in on the wing foiling board as well.



Tomorrow will see some early morning routing.  I still need to dig out the mast tracks on the NWFB and make that repair - I want to get these done so I can just go to the beach.

No comments: