Friday, December 10, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 12/10/2021

Hit Hickam again after work.  As I was driving up it looked pretty good, but by the time I was rigged and headed to the water, the wind looked like it nose dived into the low teens.  I only brought the Axis ART999 so off I went.


I had the proper bolts on this time and this foil (during the second half of the session) worked phenomenal!!!!  It takes a bit more wind and board speed to get up on to foil, but once you are up you need less wind to stay up.  And it pumps so easily through the lulls.  This is a really magical foil - so much glide and it allows you to carry speed through jibes (it was pretty light winds for most of the session so I was hesitant in trying to tack this foil - I didn't want to drop and have to start over).


The blue schlogging was the whole first half of my session.  Eventually the wind did pick up and I was rocking (see the red tracks on the right of the chart below)!!!


I mostly jibed today - I didn't want to risk coming down off foil (like I said earlier - it was far easier to stay on foil in light wind than taking off in the same wind).  I really didn't see any of these gusts...

Interesting to see the top speed from today - 20.8 mph and I wasn't anywhere near the potential of this front foil!  Tomorrow is supposed to be windier, so hopefully I can get more out of this foil.

No comments: