Thursday, February 3, 2022

Evening Session - 2/3/2022

Pulled an after work session on the Kujira 1095.  Paired it with the 75cm Project Cedrus Mast and my super thin rear stabilizer.


Last time I had this out, it felt more like the Armstrong HA1125 (which turned me off).  But listening to the feedback on the internet on how this foil can generate glide, can turn well (even better than the 1210???), and does not drop off foil like the Armstrongs.


This was my guess on where the foil would be balanced - and it was pretty good.  After the first ride, I thought it might be a bit too far back (not enough lift).  That was the "progressive" lift.  My next wave, I popped the nose up (back foot pressure) and it was up where I wanted it.  I used that trick on every wave after.


I did not get a chance to ride out the back of a wave and try for a double dip - the waves were big enough that they were closing out Fenceline.  And I was concentrating on dialing in the ride and getting the feel of this foil.  This foil totally has potential....


And this swell is supposed to stick around for a few days (throughout the weekend) - I see more testing in my immediate future.

W:4/F:11/S:4

No comments: