Saturday, February 12, 2022

Garage Works - 2/12/2022

Rumor mill had everywhere but north shore at none to 1'.  Instead of trying to fight for waves at a single takeoff spot, I opted to catch up on some things that have been on my mind.  First up was changing the fins on a couple of boards (so I can get the keels on the Sunday).  I took the Eric Arakawa's (and the Solara) off the Greedy Beaver and replaced them with the Grennan quads.



And I took the fins off the Pigfish (these actually came from three different sets of fins). 


After that I checked on the OR A Series Glide - came back from the repair shop.  I went ahead and got the leash and harness line back on.




I'll do an inflation test soon.

Marlon also got restarted on shaping his performance longboard.  He did not want to use the electric planer, so he was making lots of passes with the surform.


We also had to pick Noe up from her Laser racing, so we took off a little early so he could purchase a board that caught his eye yesterday - the Firewire Seaside at 5'2" in Helium construction (with a cool paint job to boot).


Stopped off at Kailua Beach Park on the way to Noe - not a single kite, wing or sail out...


We got home and Marlon and I waxed up our boards.  La noted we have different styles and methods for waxing boards.



I prefer my method - just look at the consistency and the tight, tiny wax bumps.



There is supposed to be a swell in bound - hopefully it gets here soon - I have a bunch of things to get done and I might actually do them all if there isn't any wind or surf.

No comments: