Friday, February 11, 2022

21st Anniversary Present

Yesterday I was able to sell one of the foils that I had not really bonded with - goodbye Lift 150 Surf V2 and the 25 Glide rear stabilizer...


And today I picked up what is officially my 21st Anniversary present!!!!  Introducing the 6'8" Firewire Sunday!!!  I already have plans in my head to surf this as a twin using the Futures EN keels, then the original Akila Aipa Twinzers with a tiny trailer, then dropping in the Greenough Power Blade and Power Glide with and without side bites, and the Greenough High Speed... you get the picture!!!

As much as I love foiling and winging, those disciplines have conditions that suite them best - when it is low tide I would rather surf and this board will really help keep surfing fresh and new for me.


I brought Marlon with me so he could take a look at the multitudes of really nice surfboards.  He was almost going to buy the 5'2" Firewire Seaside in Seafoam (with the black rail stripe and wood reveal - BEAUTIFUL BOARD) - but he is definitely more disciplined than I am (I would have left with the board).


There is a swell forecasted to arrive on Monday - and the tide will be low in the daylight hours so I'm looking forward to anointing the Sunday!!!

Checkout Clips Surf Shop near Ala Moana - really cool shop!!!

No comments: