Friday, February 25, 2022

68cm Project Cedrus Mast

I received this 68cm Project Cedrus mast in the mail yesterday.


I ordered the Axis adapter and the 2021 Takuma adapter to help reduce the amount of times I have to switch adapters when using the foils in different disciplines.  This Axis adapter looks way better than the one I got with the used 75cm mast (I might have to order another one).


This is only going to be used for prone foil surfing.  I ordered this 68cm mast so I could go out in lower tides.  It may not seem to be that much of a difference between the 75cm and this 68cm masts, but at a 0.7' tide I've been tapping the bottom where on the Armstrong 72cm mast I wouldn't.

And actually, the 75cm when setup is at 79/80cm.


Fully assembled, I measured the height from the extents (top of the mount plate to the bottom/invert of the fuselage and this 68cm mast turns into a 73cm assembled foil (which is 28.75").


I'm also thinking this will improve the effectiveness of my pumping (shorter stroke height should allow for faster/shallower pumping).  Using the 75 (79/80) cm setup I found I was having to ride way higher to get the foil to the optimum height below the surface (foils work best just under the surface which also reduces the drag of the mast), and that took some extra effort to get and maintain it there - often meaning I had to pump through a higher water column.  Again you may be thinking "you're only talking about 2.75"" - but everything makes a difference.

Looking forward to getting this bolted on and ridden hard!!!   

No comments: