Monday, February 14, 2022

The Anointment of the Sunday on a Monday

The kids got home soon after I did and they both decided to come to WPB with me to anoint the Firewire Sunday.  The waves were forecasted to be 2-3', with a low high tide (at 0.9').  Light winds (but it was an onshore flow).


Originally I had the K2 keels on, but ultimately I decided on using the EN fins for this first run.  Uuuuhhhhhh - the ENs were perfect!!! 


The first few rides were short - I was trying to figure out where the sweet spot was so the takeoffs were slightly late.  Once I figured out to come back so my chin was in line with the top deck logo, I was able to takeoff really early and get some really long rides.  The juicy waves were far and few between - but on those rides I could tell this is going to be an incredibly fun board!!!


This fin setup is really good.  It'll make it hard to switch out to other setups - but I'll force myself to do so.


Marlon also brought the Seaside out - but he needed just a little more energy.


I'm glad I got this board!  It'll be a fun addition to the current lineup!  Now that it has been properly anointed, it's time to slap on some stickers!


W:6/F:13/S:8

No comments: