Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 2/23/2022

Today had the best winds in months!!!  I didn't trust the forecast entirely, so I rigged the same gear as yesterday (ORA5.0, Kujira 1095, 4'8" WFB, 85/89cm PC Mast) - perfect conditions!!!  My dad came out (he is on island visiting) and took a couple of videos - I took a frame grab and I'm the winger on the right, up against the tree.


This was probably the strongest winds I've had the 1095 out in - the great glide I've experienced while prone foiling this foil is still present while winging.  So much so that I was able to easily complete two toe-side to heel-side tacks on the in-bound runs, where normally I could get around, but I'd drop off foil and couldn't really call it a completed tack.  I'll keep practicing this and it should become second nature soon enough.


Lots of orange!  I still had a few time bands where I was sitting around waiting for a gust, but for the most part I was up on foil way more than not.


I was out from 2 to 3:30 - nice strong winds!!!  I did not get out to Firsts, but I was content with continuing to get to know my gear better.  This is especially true in regards to transitions on foil with the new board.

Jim, Brantly and another guy were out when I pulled up.  Another guy who has been showing up also came out and at the end of my session Bill and Harris rigged up.  Looks like they still got some good wind.


I hung out with my dad after my session.  We were sitting on the bench nearest the water watching planes takeoff and land.  I left the wing at the shower wall and my board on the picnic table next to the plumeria tree while we were waiting for La to get back from Art Nelson.

The guys thought I left my wing and had taken off.  I saw Jim walking my wing back to the parking lot, and Harris deflated it.  Harris even called my phone (which La had in the truck) and was saying I was MIA.  

The things that happen at Hickam!

W:10/F:18/S:8

No comments: