Thursday, February 17, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 2/17/2022

La and I went on a lunch date to celebrate our 21st Wedding Anniversary!!!  Greek food, donuts and time in her second garden (RBM), and I got to wing foil over at Hickam!!!  When I pulled up, Jim was packing up - he said there were too many holes in the wind.  Since I wasn't going to pick up La until past 5, I figured I'll just rig and get wet.  Same setup as yesterday.  I reset the front footstraps and took the rear one off for now (I'll learn to jump - just not now while the wind is marginal).


The wind filled in around 3:30 and except for a few deep lulls, it was enough to get up and go. You can see the lulls in the chart below (blue lines).  Harris showed up and he had a Slingshot Slingwing V3 6.5m wing in tow (still didn't get his 5.0 bladder resolved).  There was a lot of north in the wind - but we headed out to Firsts.  


After the lull on the outside, I checked the time and decided I should head in to not be late in picking up La.  I hit another lull to the west of the marina and had to wait that out before getting to make it back in.  The other thing you can see in these combined charts is the wind shift - early on there was more North, and at the end it had shifted more to the East.


I've said this before and I'll say it again - it is so cool when the speed graph corresponds directly with the wind speed graph.  Again - you can see the lulls clearly.




Another super fun session!!!  The forecasts are all calling for a drop in wind activity through next Tuesday - that's a good thing since my sister and her family and our dad will be out here for the next week starting Saturday evening.

W:8/F:16/S:8

No comments: