Monday, December 4, 2023

Garage Works - 12/4/2023

As I was driving home, there were mixed signs of trades/thermals - but it looked like a trap.  I figured if I stayed home, I could get these board projects forwarded down the path to completion.

I started by grinding open the boxes on Marlon's long board.  There were a few air bubbles that were opened that we will have to fill.

I quickly moved onto the repair on No.30.  I grinded the boxes open and noted some air pockets that also needed to be filled.


And I did the same to No.33 - but I also went ahead and sanded down the laps from the top deck lamination.


And in preparation for the labels, I added a fill coat where they will be placed (typical placement)


I used the leftovers from the 0.70 ounces I mixed to make an aerosil slurry with black pigment.  I filled the voids on both boards.


I made the fill a little proud on both boards so when I sand them, they should end up flush with the other surfaces (and I don't have to deal with low spots).


Tomorrow I'll sand these fill spots and get the fill coats on.

No comments: