Monday, December 11, 2023

Garage Works - 12/11/2023

Sanding day in the garage.


The longest grit was the 40 - I wanted to get everything as level as possible.


Here is No.33 all through the 40 grit


And here it is after the 220 grit (after 40-80-120-180-220)


Unfortunately there were some spots that needed a little touch up.


And since I was applying spot touch ups, I figured I should go ahead an install the leash plugs.  First up were the two for the Foil Drive cable coming off the stern.


I mixed in milled fibers to give the setup some extra strength.


And I didn't take a picture of this, but I installed the tail leash plug as well (after the rest of the epoxy had hardened - which wasn't that long since I used Fast hardener).

Tomorrow I'll grind open the leash plugs and do a quick sanding of the patched spots.  After that I can spray clear coat on the bottom deck.  A day or so after that, I can place the traction strips on the bottom deck.

I'm still contemplating the deck pad setup and I have to place the Foil Drive battery box mounting tabs/velcro in place as well.

I'll take my time with these last steps... the winds are forecasted to return (so more winging and less Foil Driving for now).

No comments: