Saturday, December 2, 2023

Garage Works - 12/2/2023

And after I got back, I was able to get some work done on the two boards in the garage.  First up was closing off the mast track replacement on No.30.


Here is the cap sheet in place on top of another sheet on top of the boxes.  Tomorrow I'll sand the edges, grind open the boxes and get a fill coat on.


Then I turned my attention to the top deck of No.33

I sanded the rails and bottom deck laminate laps, mixed some of the leftover epoxy from No.30 with thiksil, then filled the gap around the SUP handle.

I used some leftover carbon to place heel patches.


Doesn't look pretty at this stage, but it is flat.


Here is the top deck carbon all prepped and ready for epoxy.


I mixed 18 ounces of ProLink epoxy and used every last bit of it.


Nice and tight!!!

Tomorrow I'll sand and place the first fill coat.  I'm already digging out the stickers -

No comments: