Sunday, April 26, 2020

Afternoon Work on the Next Boards

I worked on the new 4'10" foil board yesterday afternoon.  I used the big router to try and open up the slot for the starboard track block.  After a couple of passes, I finished it up with some sandpaper.  After dialing that in, I went ahead and trimmed up some carbon and fiberglass for the bottom of the two openings.  I was postured to pour epoxy, but got a little lazy.


I moved on to the other board and marked out the three fin boxes and also sanded the stubby with 120 and 180 grit sandpaper.


I thought about cutting in the boxes, but I wanted to think about the center box some more - what is in the picture is an 8" box.  I need to bring some potential fins down to line them up - but for a 5'11" board, I'm thinking the 8" box is all I'll need.  8" boxes will be fine for the two dually tracks.


When I do pour epoxy next, it'll be for the reinforcement blocks in the foil board first, then filling some shaping voids in the bottom deck of the stubby.  Then I'll cut in all the finboxes in both boards and then proceed into glassing.

No comments: