Thursday, April 16, 2020

Final Work on the Pigfish & Marlon's Top Deck Fill Coat

The title says it all.  I went ahead and worked on the boards for a little bit today.  I grinded down the excess resin around the leash plug, and then sanded the whole board to 220 and a wet sand to 400.  After that I sprayed clear coat over the whole board to fill in the tiny gaps left from sanding (and despite my best efforts - there will always be tiny gaps left from sanding...).  I still have to label and sign, put the worm screws in the three Futures boxes, set the fins and wax it up!






Marlon got his top deck fill coat on.  Now all that stands between him and surfing this board are good swell (out of our sphere of influence), rough sanding with 40/80, leash plug install, grinding the leash plug, sanding to 220/400.


He says he wants to spray paint the exterior and draw on his logo.  In theory, his board could possibly touch saltwater by the end of the weekend.  We'll see...

No comments: