Saturday, April 25, 2020

Early Morning Surf - 4/25/2020

Marlon and I hit Pine Trees pretty early - not dawn patrol early, but still early enough to beat the crowds and the wind.  It was glassy, a dropping tide (0.5') and a small, inconsistent swell.  Marlon caught several, but there was a pretty long lull in the middle of the session.


I brought the same gear I've had out the last several foil sessions and was able to get several long rides, but if it was a hair bigger I would have gotten a lot more.  On one wave, the board did something weird - the foil breached and the board pitched down and rolled to port.  Of course I kept moving forward and my right knee grazed the board.  I looked around for a ding and didn't find one.  I did find it while waiting for another wave - it was right by the logo on the top deck.  If the hit was just an inch to the right, it would have been over the divynicell patch and it should have been nothing.  The deck skin did not break so this will just be a cool scar.  And best of all, NO PARKING TICKET today!

No comments: