Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 4/26/2020

I woke up and figured I should get a session in before the wind picked up and the crowds thickened.  Marlon wanted to sleep in so I went solo.  The tide was a the small high at 0.5'.  There was a slight breeze on the water and the swell was down a tad from yesterday - still rideable, but I sat further inside to make sure I didn't lose any opportunities.  I caught a bunch and they were all long.  On most rides I was also able to carve some big rebounding turns (change direction 180).  And to add to the goodness of this session, I was able to pump back out three times (one of which was a botched 2 for 1).  The GL180 has made a big difference in my foiling.


Somewhere along the session I got a reef poke on my left foot.  I didn't think anything of it and kept on foiling.  I checked on the poke during a lull and it seemed as if some skin got sliced off.  It didn't seem to be bleeding so I stayed out.  I kept checking on it and at some point it looked like it was bleeding - I took the next wave in.  I cleaned it up when I got home - it didn't look too bad.  I hope this bill is paid up for a bit.

No comments: