Sunday, April 19, 2020

Did Lots of Work in the Garage

Started out routing out the voids on the new 4'10" prone foil board.

Then moved on to skinning the duo finned stubby blank.



Afterwards I helped Marlon grind open the fin boxes on his board and continued on with sanding both the top and bottom decks with 40 and 80 grit.



I went ahead and removed the old manual vent on the 5'2" prone foil board and set in a new automatic vent in the same place.

Marlon and I drilled out a spot for the leash plug and got that set.  Tomorrow we'll fill in some air bubbles we found on the fin boxes.  If we do this in the morning, we should be able to grind down the leash plug and the boxes, then move on to the final sanding.


And I went ahead and planned out the fixing of the ding I acquired on the pigfish (the board slipped from my hands when I was getting out of the water - I thought I caught it, but apparently I didn't).  And this is where my OCD kicks in.

I also mowed the lawn, cooked breakfast and lunch (and dinner for me - everyone else ate already) -  I think I'm dealing with my mom's passing by working on things (and I'm talking about it on this blog).  

No comments: