Sunday, April 5, 2020

Morning Surf - 4/4/2020

La dropped Marlon and I off at the beach yesterday morning to avoid getting another parking ticket (HPD was out in force - 5 cars with flashing blue lights - would have gotten another one for sure).


I brought the same setup out - but everything seemed "off".  For one thing I ended up dragging my right big toe several times across my board - weird.  Then I'd putter out of lift after the takeoff.  I did get some good rides, but there was definitely less energy in the waves.  This might be a limitation of the front wing (GL180).


If I go again in the near future, I may use the Iwa, or switch back to the Armstrong.  If I can keep the nose down on the bigger takeoffs, then the added benefit of the extra lift throughout the rest of the ride makes it worth the potential blowups.  I do like this GL180, just need to keep figuring out the best conditions for it.


Seemed like Marlon was picking up every wave that came his way.  He even commented that he thinks he likes this wave better than White Plains.  I definitely like the deeper depth - we were out on a dropping high but it was sub 0.5'.  The wind was there but it didn't mess with the quality.  Lastly, the swell was steady at waist or less.  A fun day - but it's not cool to see all the parking tickets being given out for parking at a C&C park when you are not parked "inside" the park because the gate is locked.

No comments: