Saturday, April 18, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 4/18/2020

Marlon and I hit a dawn patrol with Jimmy - Chun's Reef.  This was Marlon's first trip to unsheltered North Shore energy.  And since he had his longboard, he was out and riding before I even got to the lineup.  His first wave was a really good one, as were most of his other ones.  Head high or slightly bigger on most.  I was totally stoked for him!!!


I brought the Pigfish out and it took a few waves to get synchronized with it.  I did have three longer waves with it and the fish side (my toe side, also the starboard side) really wants to fly.  On my longest wave I was able to outrun a plunging section to get out to clean face and wrenched an off the top turn - there is some huge potential with this board.


It was great surfing with Jimmy again!  I used to dawn patrol year after year with this guy 20+ years ago!!!  Some things never change - great times!



No comments: