Saturday, July 1, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 7/1/2023

With the weekend crowd and small waves, Kalani and I brought out the Foil Drives.


The tide was really low - but waiting outside for the set waves made the depth not as much a factor.


ART999/375P on the 80cm Project Cedrus Aluminum mast on the floaty 4'10".

Catching waves was really easy today - taking off was also easier.  Perhaps I'm getting used to the subtle differences between prone foiling and FD prone foiling - or I guess I'm getting used to Foil Driving.

The 375 rear stabilizer was not the call today - lots of pumping to stay on foil when I was on a wave, and pumping out was pretty hard to do (no push off the rear stabilizer).  Going to change it all up tomorrow - HPS980/400P

The Foil Drive definitely saved this session.  I had thought about bringing the Viking - but I'm glad I used the FD.

I forgot to mention that I saw a shark.  It wasn't too big, but it was dark (hammerheads are lighter in color - tigers are dark).

W:62/F:59/S:28

No comments: