Monday, July 10, 2023

Garage Works - 7/10/2023

There was a big shark siting today at WPB.  No need to tempt fate, so I skipped today's session and instead some time working in the garage.

Kalani stopped by and dropped off another board to be repaired.  This is another of Billy's foil SUPs.  It needed a touch up repair on the starboard rear corner.

Here is the board sanded around the repair area.


I then took the Makita planer to the new wingboard and got the polyurethane block trimmed flush with the board top deck.


And I finally got around to prepping and repairing Tim's Revo


I had some leftover epoxy, so I went ahead and got the inside cut EPS skim coated.  That way further epoxy absorption will be minimized.

I'll line the slot with carbon and get the bottom deck foam block set in as well.


Here's Kalani's board with multiple layers of 2 ounce cloth (to get 6 or even 8 ounces of fiberglass without the extra weight )


And one of the two repairs on Tim's board.


I have to get these completed ASAP as La nd Noe are coming home soon.

No comments: