Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Evening Session - 7/12/2023

Marlon and I got in a late afternoon shortboarding session.

The waves had some size to them, but the wind from earlier in the day did the usual - chopped the surface up into some challenging conditions.

Marlon brought his Seaside and had a blast.  He actually went in early and then broke out his drone.


I brought the Hypto Krypto with the Grennan fins.  I'm thinking that a more upright fin would have been more appropriate for the size waves today.  The raked Grennans felt slower.

My first wave was the best of the lot - long ride where I had to maneuver to stay in the pocket.  Surfing a shortboard actually felt funny... the board wasn't pushing back and if I hit a flat section, it didn't want to pump (because it isn't a hydrofoil).

I caught several more but would either get mowed over by the white wash, or the wave would go over a deep spot and fizzle out.  Foiling has definitely impacted my surfing.

Tomorrow the swell is supposed to come down - if I go, I'll likely bring the Sweet Potato.

W:66/F:63/S:29

No comments: